Yesterday, I had intended to go for a bike ride, but it was already too hot at 6 am. Instead, I did some lounging around, doing nothing.
I started out the day by posting to my collection of blogs. I updated the running page on here to reflect all of the running I did while storm chasing. I also added a graphic to show the states I have been running through.
I took the Crown Vic in for a much-needed oil change as well. I wanted to do it myself, but by the time I totaled up the cost of the oil, Firestone could do it cheaper.
In the evening, I did some grocery shopping and some writing. I added another chapter to the novel I started back in February. I also did some work for the Sodium Dynamo project.
Yesterday was stressful. I started out the day by commuting to Belen and then picking up a U-Haul truck and car dolly. I got there an hour before the place opened, so I had some breakfast at Blake’s.
When the place opened, I was able to get the truck and dolly. It was neat, too. The lady working there was from Magdalena originally, and also used to teach at the Seventh-Day Adventist academy near my house. I told her I attended the Rio Rancho church. It was a neat, chance meeting.
I went to Magdalena for a bit, and tutored there. I missed out on the Boys and Girls Ranches this week, unfortunately. I spent some time working with the juniors at NMT, helping them with their project.
In the late afternoon, two of my students, and a coworker from Magdalena were able to push the Malibu onto the dolly. I drove it back to Rio Rancho.
April 16 will always be a difficult day for us Hokies. I didn’t feel up to posting.
The last few days have been strange. I’ve been in a whirlwind for the past few weeks, getting things knocked of my list for Upwork. Now that the work is in their hands for a few days, I’m not quite sure what to do with myself. I have other work to catch up on, but I can’t seem to do it.
I was supposed to tow the Malibu to Rio Rancho tomorrow, and it is a huge worry. Yesterday, U-Haul called and told me that they didn’t have a tow hitch. I went to plan B, and figured I would remove the front bumper and attach a tow bar. Instead, I spent about two hours removing the bumper, broke several of the stupid plastic clips, and there is no place to attach a tow bar. Now, I don’t know what I’ll do.
Anyway, I have a busy day today. Let’s see what doesn’t work today!
Yesterday, I spent the morning at Albuquerque High. I wasn’t sure I would make it in, though, as my train was almost an hour late. I emailed the teacher and said I would be late, if I made it at all. Instead, the train booked it, with short station stops and made up some of the lost time. I was only about two minutes late.
In the afternoon, I did some car maintenance. I checked tires and oil, and attempted to jumpstart two cars that are sitting in my yard. No dice on them, but I’ll try again perhaps on Monday.
In the evening, I attempted to watch the 1956 copy of Moby Dick, but I proved to be too tired, and ended up falling asleep.
Yesterday, I spent the early part of the day tutoring at Magdalena. They had a half-day for parent-teacher conferences, so the day passed by quickly. I tutored where I could, but for the most part, it was a homework day in most classes.
After tutoring, I ran a few errands and then worked at NMT. I skipped out on the Boys and Girls Ranches, as I was in the middle of a phone call when it was time to go.
My Varsity Tutoring appointment was also cancelled, so I spent more time updating computers for NMT.
In the evening, I messed with my vehicles. I checked the oil in the Ranger and the Malibu, and attempted to start the Malibu with no luck. I ended up pushing it into another parking spot, just to rotate the tires a bit.
I had rabbit and dumplings for dinner with my brother and his family before falling asleep on the couch again.
Yesterday, I started the morning by going on a run. I went a little over two miles, though I’ll have to check to see how much over two miles. One of my tracker apps crashed, so I’ll have to see if it recorded it totally.
After that, I finished up the work that needed to be done to the van. I had left it on the jack in the street in front of my house, with one tire at Firestone (awaiting a replacement) and the brakes disassembled when we ran out of light. Yesterday morning, I was able to get the driver’s side brakes back together (new pads, checked the rotors) quickly, having sunlight instead of a flashlight. Then, I drove the Crown Vic to Firestone, picked up the tire, put it on, switched the van’s direction, and then did the passenger’s side brakes. Those took only about half an hour, having learned the lessons I needed to learn on the driver’s side. I reassembled them, then drove the van to Firestone to have the tires rotated. I only have one jack, but I have free rotations at Firestone, so that’s why I did it this way. Now, the van is set, with two larger tires in the rear and two stock ones in the front.
In the evening, I finished up my LabVIEW Core II training and worked on getting eQSL set up. I think I am ready to start logging contacts in eQSL, finally. I also read a chapter of Atlas Shrugged.
I started out by going for a run, and though it was only a little over a mile, it was nice to get outside and run again.
After my run, I started work on the van. It needs a tire and brakes. I got the tire off and took it to Firestone. They did not have the tire in stock, but said they would today. With the tire off, I also started working on the brakes. We were told it needs pads and rotors, though I see nothing wrong with the rotors that are in place.
I did some grocery shopping and then returned to work on the brakes. I ran out of daylight, so I will have to finish those up today.
In the evening, I did a bunch of housework, updated my amateur radio logbook, and then some free writing. I added another chapter to the fiction book I am writing.