Yesterday went by too quickly. I started out the day by commuting to Socorro to meet with the new HazMat person.
I then went to Magdalena to turn in the receipts and keys for the Magdalena storm chase. The students were on a field trip, so I ended up on lunch duty for the middle school instead of tutoring.
In the afternoon, I worked in the Unit Operations lab. The first thing I did was take apart the pump system on the absorption column. The drain pump had failed a few semesters ago, and we were using gravity to drain the tank from the bottom. I put a submersible sump pump in place instead, and that seems to work. I also traced down a leak that has been giving me trouble.
After messing the column, I turned my attention to the batch reactor. I was able to set up a hot water line for heating the reactor faster. I leak tested it, and, after having a fitting pop and spray hot water everywhere, I was able to get it working.
In the evening, I had an online tutoring session for Varsity Tutors- my first in several weeks.
Thank you for reading my post.