Yesterday, I spent the day in Socorro at NMT. I took the buses and trains down and I spent the day organizing the labs. I have a ton of boxes with miscellaneous stuff in them from our very abrupt move, so I sorted out electronic components, tools, and cabling. I have almost completely finished cleaning up the Unit Operations Lab, minus hanging a poster or two, and moving a box of hoses elsewhere. The design lab still needs work, but it is much better off than it was in the morning.
I also started cleaning up the Tech Amateur Radio Association webpage, which was last updated in 2013.
I had lunch with an old friend of mine from Virginia Tech who moved out here with his wife. We went to El Sombrero, which is one of the better restaurants in town, and my first exposure to New Mexican food when I moved out here in 2005.
After lunch, I continued working in the labs, though in the afternoon, I switched over to programming LabVIEW for the batch reactor. As it turns out, the pH probes drift so much that I can’t seem to get them to work in LabVIEW. What was a nice, linear equation to represent pH a week ago, now shows a pH of 130, which makes no sense. I will have to investigate this some more.
In the evening, I drove over to my brother’s house. I had found out earlier in the day that the trunk of the Malibu leaks, and so I had a mess to clean up. Instead, I got there and I couldn’t roll up the driver’s side window. I think the motor may have worn out. Thankfully, it didn’t rain, but the window was left open for now.
I have a busy day ahead of me today, so wish me luck.
Thank you for reading my post.