Yesterday, I spent the bulk of the day in Magdalena. I managed to make one HF contact on the amateur radio on my way to Magdalena. Tutoring went well. I always have a fun time working with the high school students; in particular two students who had not understood how to distribute learned how, and were actually confident in it.
In the afternoon, I stopped by the repair shop to check on the Malibu. They had tried to replace the bolt that holds the harmonic balancer in place, but had no luck. I knew they wouldn’t. They showed me several other concerns that they found; in particular, the timing cover is cracked and leaking oil. The oil drips into the harmonic balancer and that is part of the problem. They quoted me almost $1800 for the timing cover. I told them not to bother, just beat everything back together, which they did, and I just received a call that it was finished. I’ll pick the car up on Monday.
Later, I returned to NMT. I took a bunch of screen shots for the next round of engineering work at National Instruments, and also did some clean up of the new lab space. I finished the pH system (at least for now, I will tweak it more another day), and also tested some equipment for the freshman lab. They will be using LabVIEW to measure the mass of water that is being pumped into a tank. I’ve done this lab before, but it is always nice to see things working the way I want them to work.
Other than that, it was an uneventful day. I returned home around 12:30 am, and after a long discussion with the family, rested up for a new day.
Thank you for reading my post.